Converting to Grand Prix Dash

extremeracing

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Kansas City
I want to convert to a grand prix dash in my elky and was wondering how to mount the autometer gauges in the dash for the factory look. What size guages do I need and should I use the painless wire harness to hook everything up? I know Ratmalibu aka Matt has this setup and it looked awesome in his malibu, Help me out Matt ;) Any advice would be great.

Mat

78maliburat

Frequent Racer
Sep 24, 2006
cleburne texas
gauge size

2.5/8 size have gp dash in my malibu on back side you have to trim were panel has the slant gauges fit in hole so trim backside for bracket to hold in

78maliburat

Frequent Racer
Sep 24, 2006
cleburne texas
gauges

i mounted my gauges on right 4 joles amp/oil /watertemp put vac gauge to fill other hole 2 big holes tack shift light on top no speedo strip car easy to wire up unplug old cluster run new wires

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
Matt has a girlie friend so he's not on much any more. Hopefully he'll drop in and let ya know, I think he is selling some of the gauges out of that dash.

I talk with him maybe a night a week, if I see him, I'll tell him to stop in, but it's the weekend so he is away

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
lol my girlie friend just read this whole thing, she says "No Pics For YOU!!!"...Matt I've got my dash apart right now as it turns out...I'll try to snap you some pics soon...still waiting on the speedo that I need to finish it all up lol

A

Anonymous

RatMalibu said:
lol my girlie friend just read this whole thing, she says "No Pics For YOU!!!"...lol

Now that is just so wrong... [-X

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Mat,
From what I can tell, you can use 2 1/8" gauges in the smaller holes, you have to open up the pod opening a slight bit with a Dremel or die grinder. Also clearance the inside of the pod of excess plastic to accomodate the depth of the gauges.
As for the speedo and tach, it looks as though you'll need the larger than 3 3/8" instruments...or you can retain the stock speed and tach.
I'm still trying to figure out what I plan to do with mine.

Matt and a few other guys were kind enough to post pics of their GP dashes.
Jack ;)

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
This was sent to me from one of our fellow members.
Adam has VDO Cockpit gauges in his.
viewphoto.jpg

[/img]

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!