couple Strange S60 questions

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
Well, i purchased the S60 rear that was for sale in the classifieds, and i have a few question:

1) with the 11 ford drum brakes, can i run my e-brake? what will i need to make it work?

2) the axles have 5/8 studs, will i need to drill out the holes in my wheels to fit over these? theyre corvette rally's also, where can i find acorn lug nuts to fit the studs?

3) the rear has a detroit locker in it, which kind of additive should i use for the fluid?

thanks!

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
anyone???

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
lockers use regular fluid...no clutches.
speedway motors.com will have the lug nuts
ralleys holes are to small....not sure how much you can drill them

Why change from the 8.5? just askin

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
Hiway said:
lockers use regular fluid...no clutches.
speedway motors.com will have the lug nuts
ralleys holes are to small....not sure how much you can drill them

Why change from the 8.5? just askin

thanks! any info on the e-brake?

as for swapping out the 8.5, i planned to upgrade my axles, posi and studs on the 8.5, but when i did the #'s, it wasn't worth it. i plan to go to BBC, so i needed something stronger. i don't think i'll be able to kill the s60

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
I was thinking the same thing as Robert on drilling the wheels....but dirt trackers do that stuff often....but they are Dirt Trackers.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
Hiway said:
I was thinking the same thing as Robert on drilling the wheels....but dirt trackers do that stuff often....but they are Dirt Trackers.

I think the wheels are different. But, I have done any r/r chassis work in............... well a long time.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts