custom recessed licence plate

81Malibuwagon

Amateur Racer
Dec 5, 2009
Lloydminster Alberta Canada
well. i got sick of snagging my leg on the front licenece plate holder on the front of my 81 malibu wagon. so when i had it in the school shop i grabbed the plasma cutter and the mig welder and i attacked the front bumper. some of you guys might not like it. but i like it . i need to clean up the welds on the inside of the plate area. but the rest of the project came out beautifully. now to prime it and get the rest of the bumper ready paint.

heres the pictures

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
hey!that's my bumper!!looks good man i got rid of my chrome all around.those pesky bumper bolts in the rear too.you can't even tell that it's narrowed in the front
002-1.jpg
001-1.jpg

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Cool, so when do you want me to send you my back bumper so you can do the same to it. I want to smooth the tailgate, possibly run some led taillights in the tailgate and smooth the bumper.

Love the look, but we don't have to run front plates, so I want to just smooth the whole bumper.

This is my truck I built after high school. Same idea, but I bought this one.

blackandwhite-1.jpg

81Malibuwagon

Amateur Racer
Dec 5, 2009
Lloydminster Alberta Canada
heh, wish i could do this stuff for you guys. but i gotta learn to slow down. the doctor said i sprained my back. and today the drill press tried to take my finger. nice clean cut on my pointer finger now. and i agree with you. a smooth tail gate would be good. just gotta figure out how to do it.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
cttandy said:
Cool, so when do you want me to send you my back bumper so you can do the same to it. I want to smooth the tailgate, possibly run some led taillights in the tailgate and smooth the bumper.
bring it on! dancin_banana.gif

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
HAHA.

I was thinking last night, I am going to put my car back under the car port and do what I can with the parts I have. I have been waiting until I can get all the parts together, but I am just going to get something done to it.

I can't stand to watch it just sit anymore.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts