Dash cap question

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
My project is getting more involved. The dash in my wagon has small cracks by the speakers that are getting longer. I haven't been able to find a used dash. Im considering a dash cap. Ive done multiple searches on MR and a few other g body sites.
How many of you guys have used these ? Any brands better than others ? I saw a photo of one on bing images and it looked like the grain wasn't even close to an original dash. Are they all like that ? I would be buying a full cap if I do it. Anyone have any good quality photos of their install ?

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I bought a dash cap from Accuform. Fit like crap and I tried it on 3 different dashes so I know it was not the dash. If you have cracks on only the top I would highly recommend the one from Coverlay. I bought one of these and fit real nice and looked nice. It only cover the top horizontal part of the dash.

I do not have pics as I ultimately sold the dash and cap and bought a new dash through Dixie. Happy with that dash.

DonM

gmtofd

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2004
Central Jersey
I've brought two full caps made by Palco Industries, one for a Monte on the other for my Malibu and thought they fitted good. Obtained the best price from JC Whitney.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!