Dash cover?

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
I got a dash cover or something for christmas. Im not all sure what i do with it. Its paper thin and has no foam. Im assuming that it goes over the original foam/frame. Does anyone have any experience with this and could walk me through how to put this on?

its one of these i believe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-81-Monte-Carlo-Malibu-El-Camino-new-full-dash-cap-/380298882113?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588b946c41#ht_1807wt_973

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Installation Instructions for Dash-Caps

Clean the old dashboard thoroughly using a clean cloth and ammonia based window cleaner.

If the old dash has cracks that have raised up, simply cut or shave down any high spots with a razor blade or utility knife so the dash cap will fit flat. (you can test fit the dash cap when doing this).

Check the fit making sure all corners & edges tuck in neatly.

Apply factory supplied silicone around all edges as shown in the "application Instructions".

Place your DASH CAP over the old, cracked dashboard. Press firmly into place to spread the silicon adhesive evenly, then let cure for a couple of hours.

(copied from another site)
This is pretty much how I did mine. Although I might add, when you test fit look all around the edges. places like around the number pad under the windshield. Also if you are changing colors or the cap doesn't match the old dash. You may want to die the old dash around the edges.

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
Thanks...didnt know thats how it works.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!