does anyone ever spray while on there t brake

78elcamino

Dragway Regular
Dec 16, 2004
spokane wa
I no a few guys out my way do they stall it on on the t brake and hit the spray while the lights drop get extra stall out of the conv and launch hard lol, i was thinking about this way or maybe wiring it in to come on when the t brake releases pros and cons to each?

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I have a friend that did that by accident in his pro-street BBC vega. He was playing with his RPM modules or full throttle switch. The nitrous activated while he was on the trans brake. He did a huge wheel stand then the car fell and broke his oil pan and bent some of his front suspension parts.
brian

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
that just sounds like a bad idea- depending on the shot it can cause alot of transmission heat real quick. also if the rev limiter isnt set high enough it could cause a nasty backfire. id find a different way of getting the stall i wanted from the converter. what kinda fuel pump do you have? if its mechanical are you gonna have enough volume to maintain the pressure at launch rpm? mabe im over paranoid but i dont get away with stuff like that it, Id end up burning something or putting my carb into the atmosphere.

78elcamino

Dragway Regular
Dec 16, 2004
spokane wa
after thinking about it i figured out it was really not a good way of doing things the few guys that do it out there it seems to work for but thats them lol. i wired it up so either it will come on with the release of the trans brake or i can over ride that with a switch.

SURESHOT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 29, 2008
LONG ISALND NEW YORK
HELL NO !
I HAVE HOWEVER AS SOON AS I LET GO OF THE TRANSBRAKE BUTTON THE NOS DOES ACTIVATE PROGRESSIVLEY

bfurches

Daily Driver
Oct 20, 2011
Western, MA
I have done both ways.

We have set a few cars up using one set of solenoids to perform two functions (turbo car.) The last car I did was pretty trick...

-When you pull up to the lights and stage, there are two arming switches that need to be in the "on" position.
-One switch activated the nitrous when it saw WOT, and transbrake input, but it was set on an RPM window switch so it dropped out 200rpm before the chip (we did this to spool a fairly large turbo on a 6 cylinder)
-The second switch would turn the nitrous back on when the transbrake was released, and still saw WOT, bypassing the window switch and running the spray down the big end.

We have been running this setup on the car for two seasons and haven't hurt the trans/ converter yet to speak of. Its a quick and easy way of killing two birds with one stone using the same pair of solenoids!

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
I know turbo guys do it, the ones with small engines and huge turbos. Dont know of any N/A guys doing it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!