Emergency brake cable

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Im going from a stock rear in my 81 to a Moser 12 bolt with the Ford drum brakes. Will the original emergency brake cables fit or do I have to make a change ? They are already out since I was cleaning up the frame so if I need to change now is the time to do it. If the original stuff works I might buy a new set since they arent too much $ and then it will all be new front to rear. The only thing that I see I goofed on so far is that I got the whole line set from Inline and didnt take into consideration that the lines on the rear will be different from the stock to 12 bolt. I may be able to send them back for a switch. I hope ! Any other things that I might miss from anyone who has done this ?? Thanks

El Coolmino

Top Fueler
May 11, 2005
DSM IA under a green truck
I have a moser 9" with stock ford drum brakes and the original Ebrake cables hooked up like stock, no problems at all. I was amazed. And they work perfectly, it's manual trans and I use the ebrake all the time. IMO, it's real easy to make the on-the-axle lines, no need to have inline make them for you. One thing to watch for, my 9" didn't have tabs to hold the steel brake lines to the axle tubes, I had to make some and weld em on.
Good Luck!

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I know it will be easy to bend up new lines but I want to try to send the set that I got from Inline back and maybe get an exchange on a set for a 12 bolt. Theyre the SS set not the OEM . I think I might cet the new E brake cables from them at the same time. The old ones have the coating coming off all over the place and the rest that isnt covered has a 1/2" of undercoating on it. And that was my other screwup. I forgot to weld the holdown tabs to the tubes before I sprayed them. No big deal , I still have almost a qt of paint left. Just extra work.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts