Emergency Brake Question

Revolver

Daily Driver
Mar 2, 2007
Western Mass
Hey guys I have a 9" ford in the car and I need to hook the e-brake up so I can get an inspection sticker(sucks). Does anyone know what I use for cables? Explorer? I have the pedal and the front portion of the cable but I need The two cables to the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Anything that had a 9" in it. the rest is adjustable.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
you can buy a lokar universal kit to work with either discs or drums, it is a nice kit and really adjustable. They come longer and you cut them down and attach them to the factory cable you already got. Check their website or call summit they have them, I bought the kit from them once and it worked great.
-Josh

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
78_Elky said:
you can buy a lokar universal kit to work with either discs or drums, it is a nice kit and really adjustable. They come longer and you cut them down and attach them to the factory cable you already got. Check their website or call summit they have them, I bought the kit from them once and it worked great.
-Josh

Ditto. The Lokar kit is what came with my 9" forhooking up the Explorer style rear disc parking brakes.

Tommy

Revolver

Daily Driver
Mar 2, 2007
Western Mass
Thanks guys-the lokar kit will hook up to drum brakes no problem? I was wondering if I could go to say NAPA and and get the cables for a torino or mustang and have that work, it will most likely be much cheaper but dont know if it will work. Or if my factory portion will connect to it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts