Escalade LQ9 motor help!!

extremeracing

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Kansas City
Hey guys, I am looking into sticking an ls series motor into my elky. I have found a 2007 escalade motor with 17K miles. It is the 6.2L 403 hp. My question is that the truck has been rolled and wanted to know if it could have damaged the motor at all. also will I need to change the oil pan and front acc. stuff. I cant listen to the motor run so Im flying blind but the price is right on the engine. Please Let me know your thoughts.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
USUALLY they dont get hurt in a rollover. Doesnt the place your buying it from give you a 90 day warranty or something?

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
Are you sure its a 6.2? I thought the 6.2 came in the redesigned 08' Escalades, which debuted in 2007. Check the block to be sure its not the 6.0

extremeracing

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Kansas City
I checked it out tonight and it is the 6.2L. I can get the complete motor with wireing and computer for 2K with it having 17K miles but the Escalae was rolled in 07 and it has been sitting in the weather for the last 2 years and it is filthy. Is $2000 a good price for one of these. It looks like I will need to change the acc drive setup and wanted to know also if I can use a LS6 intake and throttle body and use a throttle cable. Does anybody make parts for this setup? 2k seems like a good deal for 400 hp. What are your thoughts?

thanks

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Assuming the motor is good and it comes with everything such as ECU, harness, coil packs, MAF, etc. Id jump on it. I see 6.0's going for that.

You wont be able to use the LS6 intake because those heads are not cathedral port. You'll need an LS3 intake if you want a car intake. The truck intake is a good performer, just ugly. If you swap to the LS3 intake, you'll have to run f-body accys or modify the water pump outlet as its right in the way of the throttle body. You can run a cable TB, but you might need a different ECM. At the very least you'll need it re-programmed.

Id rock the drive by wire honestly. Thats what we did in my buddies 63 Nova. Just modded a stock pedal, it wasnt too bad.

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
Considering its the 6.2, the neck from the water pump goes to the side, that was one of the changes that GM made. So therefore a LS3 intake will work and be sure to get the little tensioner bracket that Speartech sells and then you can still use the truck accessory drive.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Deuce4935 said:
Considering its the 6.2, the neck from the water pump goes to the side, that was one of the changes that GM made. So therefore a LS3 intake will work and be sure to get the little tensioner bracket that Speartech sells and then you can still use the truck accessory drive.
Oh wow, I didnt know that. I wonder if you can use that water pump on a 6.0 then. Hmmm...

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
You sure can, I have it on my 2003 5.3, it bolted right up and it has the same pulley and everything.

extremeracing

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Kansas City
Hey guys. What would be the best intake for this motor other than the ugly truck intake. Seems like the L76 is a good one. Is 500hp realistic on this motor with an intake, headers and a tune? Or will I need a cam change?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts