first time nitrous user baseline tuning

454regal

Weekend Racer
Dec 7, 2007
running low comp 454 nos cheater kit wont be running anything more than 150 shot.Starting at 100 shot any baseline tuning points you guys got.Im running e-borock performer rpm.Is a purge valve needed at 100 shot hp levels.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
454regal said:
running low comp 454 nos cheater kit wont be running anything more than 150 shot.Starting at 100 shot any baseline tuning points you guys got.Im running e-borock performer rpm.Is a purge valve needed at 100 shot hp levels.

A purge is always recommend to clear any air from the lines no matter what
power level......

100 shot is pretty small,Id just follow the tune up charts and make sure
you have your fuel pressure set flowing as per recommended

Bigblockguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2008
ste Anne mb Canada
The tune in those kits are way rich, do a search on yellow bullet and find a beter tune. My old cheater set up was pretty good with the jets squared up at 6.5 psi fuel pressure

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
they are set rich but i wouldn't deviate from the settings while your first trying it. fuel pressure is the key. you must wet flow it. the purge isn't required. i've been spraying my car for about 9 years. never so much as melted a plug. never had a purge. also make sure you don't have projected tip plugs. they suck.

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
100 shot aint much.. I'd go off the manufacturers tune to start with also. Its not "right" for sure but thats a pretty safe amount of n2o.. kinda hard to mess anything up with that little amount.

454regal

Weekend Racer
Dec 7, 2007
cool thanks,just want to be safe.So far i pulled 4 degrees out of it.I usually run 38 total.I will be running a 100 octane for added insurance.How far of is that nos jetting

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
as long as your baseline settings are good, for a 100 shot you won't need the race fuel unless you have some high compression. retard 4 degrees and your good to go. nos a/f is set to 11 to 1.

Bigblockguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2008
ste Anne mb Canada
I noticed your thread over on Yellowbullet. just do a search on that site one the cheater plates and there will be 100 threads popping up with tunes for your set up. I would have posted on there but I can't remember my password

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts