FLOOR PAN HELP

BIGB197480

Weekend Racer
Feb 12, 2008
PEORIA ,ILLINOIS
DOES ANYBODY KNOW SHOULD I REPLACE THE FLOOR AND BUY THE ONE PIECE FLOOR PAN OR BUY THE 2 SEPERATE FLOOR PANS?HOW HARD OR WHAT EXACTLY IS INVOLVED IN REPLACING THE HOLE THING AS ONE.DO I NEED TO RAISE THE BODY AND GO ABOUT IT THAT WAY OR CAN I GO THROUGH ONE OF THE DOORS?ANY HELP WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.THANKS

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I've never put a one piece floor in a Malibu but I have put them in a first gen Camaro's. A Camaro doesn't have a post like a Malibu so it will slide in the side. A Malibu will probably have to go in from the bottom. If you ever put a one peice floor in there's no going back to a two piece. I didn't know they made a one peice for a Gbody I wish that they made it when I put a floor in MY car.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i cut a one piece out of a donor car cut from rocker to rocker and the body would have to come off for 2 reasons 1) wont fit through doors 2) the way the factory welded them in cant be replicated unless body removed .... over where the sides meet the rocker is bent in a L and the short end of the L bends towards the ground and is spot welded to the inner rocker hope this makes sense i have the donor floor in three pieces the 2 side and center incase you need pics for clearity

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts