Ford 9" info

Jason80MC

Weekend Racer
Jun 11, 2012
Marlboro, NJ
Hello all, I actually just got a ford 9" from a 68 Bronco. Its the exact width of the stock rear as I am sure most of you know. My question is the pinion is offset a little. Is this a problem when putting this rear in a g body? I have a local shop that modifies housings for g bodys, but since this is the right width I would not have to buy axles or a posi or gears since it has 3.70 and a posi already.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
You center the pinion or the pumpkin. Either will work, provided the pinion isn't way out there. Mine is slightly offset, no problems.

Jason80MC

Weekend Racer
Jun 11, 2012
Marlboro, NJ
Thanks for the reply, so your driveshaft is slightly on an angle? Since this rear is in great shape, all I really have to do is have the brackets welded on. Cost will be inexpensive.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Yes, my driveshaft is slightly offset. No problems clearing anything in the driveshaft tunnel, etc. No vibrations, and has survived many a wheels up launch without issue.

Jason80MC

Weekend Racer
Jun 11, 2012
Marlboro, NJ
I really dont need the 9" yet, but this rear is complete, posi, 3.70 gears, drums and all. I have rally wheels with dual bolt pattern also so I can use the axles and brakes as is. Only cost will be having the brackets welded on by the rear end guy by my house. Its overkill but, not going to cost too much to get it going

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts