Ford 9" sway bar options...

jaywill

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2006
REIDSVILLE,NC
desbird said:
depends what bottom bars you used i used stock g body bars boxed in and stock gp rear sway bar worked

thats what i used...stock g body bars boxed

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
my global west lowers &the monte ss bar didn't jive together on my 9".

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
melloelky said:

You need to use the ones with the gusset on the bottom. The ones with the stabilizer bar holes through the center of the arm will have interference with the 9" pumpkin.

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i saw those and couldn't figure out how it would work with the bolts going up &down vs the oe's side to side like that.

jaywill

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2006
REIDSVILLE,NC
LS6 Tommy said:
melloelky said:

You need to use the ones with the gusset on the bottom. The ones with the stabilizer bar holes through the center of the arm will have interference with the 9" pumpkin.

Tommy

gusset ???

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The bolts do go side to side. The stabilizer bar sits in between the gussets just like on the factory lower arms. You just drill holes through the gusset...

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I just went to the GW site. I guess Doug doesn't make the gusseted lowers anymore. The gussets basically place the stabilizer bar in the location shown in the above pictures without having to use a bracket. I also saw the "bottom mount" application. Must be for aftermarket stabilizer bars.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts