Found out why the new motor sounds like a vacuum cleaner...

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
I just figured it was the design of my intake setup....so I pulled that completely off and it got worse.

Turns out my IAC valve is stuck totally open. Doesnt work at all. I covered up the hole a bit and gave it some gas and wow it has throttle response now! Im guessing it might actually be driveable too. So I gotta order one of those boogers and slap it on tomorrow. $115 for those things! WTH!

Dont get me wrong I love the LSX stuff, but man all these little doo-hickies add up! :-({|=

Now I need to figure out why it takes forever and a day for my 02's to read...and why bank 1 is rich. Probably get the 02's sorted out and that will go away.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Re: Found out why the new motor sounds like a vacuum cleaner

Yeah, I hear ya. The idle was a bit high occasionally, but not too crazy.

Replaced the IAC tonight and its better, but I think theres some idle tuning to do yet. Lots of reading to do!

brrymnvette

Frequent Racer
Oct 18, 2004
St Louis, MO

Are you using heated O2's? What are they off of and how far down the exhaust are they?

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com

Yes, they are heated 4 wire O2's. They are right on the merge collector. Long tube headers. They are off a '02'ish 2500 pickup, brand new Bosch sensors.

Ive heard bad things about Bosch O2's however. Im going to pull the sensors off my truck and see if that improves the situation.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts