front brake upgrade question

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
I am thinking about the s10 blazer upgrade and i have seen that the lower a arm steering bump stops have to be removed, what is the purpose of the stops and is it ok to remove them ?

Which is the better upgrade the blazer or the caprice swap ?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The blazer upgrade is usually cheaper, but the B-body upgrade also improves the handling & moves you up to 12" rotors.

Tommy

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
what is the purpose of the bump stops on the lowers?

How does the b body improve the handling.

thanks Tommy.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The bump stop helps prevent bottoming out the suspension. The B-body spindles increase the negative camber curve, so the tire has a larger contact patch when car is in a corner.

Tommy

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
I have not heard about removing the bump stops. I know the spindle is a direct swap so not sure why you would need to remove the bump stop. I actually just put the blazer set-up on my car but its still in the air and no trans so I haven't driven it yet. I snagged both sides from a yard for $90. Unbolted the ball joints, and brake lines and that was all there was to it.

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
I do know that the Blazer set-up also fits inside my 15" Rallye wheels and also inside my 15 x 3.5 Weld Prostars.

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
thanks for the replys, will the b body set up fit inside a 15 " wheel also ?

I think I made a mistake saying bump stop, its not the rubber cone things on the lowers, its the small metal tab like deal that is attached to the lower a arms on the side facing the inside wheel area, does that have something to do with the wheel at full turn maybe, not sure what that does ?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
built said:
thanks for the replys, will the b body set up fit inside a 15 " wheel also ?

I think I made a mistake saying bump stop, its not the rubber cone things on the lowers, its the small metal tab like deal that is attached to the lower a arms on the side facing the inside wheel area, does that have something to do with the wheel at full turn maybe, not sure what that does ?

The B-body setup fit in my 15" Monte SS N90 wheels. The tab on the lower A-arm is a steering stop.

Tommy

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
I've had the S-10 dual piston set-up on my Malibu for a couple years now.....never removed that metal tab nor remember reading anything about removing it.

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
great, I want to get the parts for the b body swap maybe.

can everything be bought new from parts stores or do some parts HAVE to be found in a junk yard, the pickins are hard around my area.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!