Front end still shakes?

Smokes

Frequent Racer
Dec 30, 2011
S.W. Mo.
Need any ideas on what i should check, I've changed tires/rims & it still shimmys around 55-60, I've taken care of the driveshaft & pinion angle, back tires were changed also, Car rides smoother but it still has this problem, At 40-45 its really smooth, I was told by an allignment guy that a bad allignment will not cause shakeing/shimmy, just drifting/pulling & bad tire wear (which i don't seem to have).

Could it be a bad ball joint, the front end seems tight.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'd say check everything suspension related... ball joints won't be as easy to check because it'll have to be suspended in the air, and then you'll need a jack to take the weight off the ball joints.

t01blaze

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2011
South New Jersey
Jack up each wheel, one at a time by the lower control arm, as close to the tire as you can get the jack and use a pry bar between the ground and tire to check for ball joint play. You only have to be a few inches off the ground.

Smokes

Frequent Racer
Dec 30, 2011
S.W. Mo.
I'm hopeing its a bad BJ because i've done everything else, They seem to still be good but who knows, Now i did have to change out the upper control arms when i got the car, they put longer/larger upper arms to get lift when they were setting it up for hyd. i'm guessing, so i picked up a set off an S-10 as i was told they would work.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The list of non stock stuff opens up a world of possibilities. The front end "expert" that told you the alignment settings won't cause a shake is a moron... Get everything to ground zero. Bad alignment, bad ball joints and/or center link/ tie rod wear can & will cause a shake or even make the front end violently uncontrollable at speed...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts