front-end travel

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
whats a good starting point for front end rise for max. traction on a 10 sec. car. i'm getting full extension out of my lakewood 90/10(13.44") shocks. and i'm wondering if i shorting the travel of the front end will it hit the back tires harder. my 60ft was still in the 1.50s(1.58) with new cam. this could be from more power that the motor is making. but my goal is to get into the 1.40s footbraking the car with a 5400 converter.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
A travel limiter isnt going to help hit the tires any harder. If its not standing up in the front then the limiters wont help a whole lot. A better shock in the front will help, by tightening the front up some will help transfer the weight to the rear over a longer period of time.

Mike

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
ok so instead of a 90/10 go with a 80/20 or 70/30. because it pop up instantly and then falls down before the 60ft.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Yes, pretty much. A good adjustable shock would be better, because then its all of those plus some. FYI - A Competition Engineering 3-way shock is NOT an option.

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
just what i was thinking about for a quick fix but i might as well pay for it once right. guess i got to save some coins(LOL) and get some good ones.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
It'll be well worth it for you to only buy them once. The comp shocks very out very quickly.

Mike

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Stocker Stars were a good investment for me on the front.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Yeah, at min. I'd recommend the QA1 "R" series bolt-in shocks. They're quite a bit cheaper than the double adjustables but should be fine for a while to come.

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
I have a set of the R series I'd be willing to part with. Only used one season. No junk. Going to co's Shoot me a PM

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!