front trick springs

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
going to install the 212lb trick springs up front soon, and my question is. does anyone have pics of them with the stock height and also does anyone have pics of them installed w/ any amount of the spring removed. im thinking of taking off half a coil, 1 coil max.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I have them in the blown car but it probably no where near the same weight... I would drive on them awhile before I cut them because they are gonna settle alot...

Chris K.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i used #47205. i can't remember the spring rate. i had stock v6 springs in with no coils cut before that. i didn't cut any coils out of the trick springs and it lowered the front end of my car by 1.5". i don't have any pics of the car with the new springs, but here's the old

WW10-1.jpg

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
all moroso trick front springs are trim to fit..........biggest pieces of garbage IMO too

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Excelerater said:
all moroso trick front springs are trim to fit..........biggest pieces of garbage IMO too

guess i got lucky then. didn't have to trim anything off of mine. can't say anything about the quality yet as i've never even driven or raced the car with them yet.

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
here is mine with a 1.5 coil removed and this a alum. headed sbc with alum rad. and the spring rate is 212 but im taking them off to raise it back up 2"

chris406

Amateur Racer
Jul 20, 2005
Excelerater said:

Agreed. I just switched back to a Moog V6 no AC spring, much, much better.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
chris406 said:
Excelerater said:

Agreed. I just switched back to a Moog V6 no AC spring, much, much better.
Do you have a number for the moog v6 no ac spring.I cant find a number for them.My morosos are completely collapsed and i dont want another set. ](*,)

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
i put in a set of used (for 4 years or so street and track) Trick Springs in the front, no coils cut (that i could tell), my car sits perfect
I drive 98% on the street. Iron block and heads::

Stock Monte SS springs::
side.jpg

with 1 coils cut off the stock springs::
IMG_2414.jpg

with the trick springs::
PICT0355.jpg

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
santhuff springs.

MalibuRacing.com Gear