g body solid motor mounts

gbody nate

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2013
does anyone know a part number for solid motor mounts that will work with stock smblk chevy frame mounts???

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
Not sure what you are asking. Stock frame mounts are rubber. On a G-body, the frame part is what gets changed out. The engine half stays.

gbody nate

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2013
I seen a pic of a motor on here with solid mounts on engine and it fit on the stock rubber mounts on the frame. :?:

gbody nate

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2013
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .. YES!! YES!! thank you, now ready for the header install. I love this forum thanks for all you guys help with info and detailed part numbers and pics.....Lifetime member!! lol dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
I'm still confused. The stock garbage rubber mount is still on the frame. Those mounts shown do not fit on the stock rubber clamshell designed mounts. This piece is needed to use that engine block mount. You have to replace the frame mount.

Last edited by a moderator:

gbody nate

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2013
Moroso solid steel motor mounts replace stock, OEM-style rubber mounts to prevent torque loss and binding linkages, a common result of excessive engine movement. These solid steel mounts eliminate the need for bulky torque straps and chains and are covered with a protective zinc coating. this is straight from summit website on bottom of the screen for that moroso part number... so im thinking it should work.... :| i will take pics if it works..!

gbody nate

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2013
Welp.... Frequent racer ur right it won't fit stock rubber mount, its two inches to narrow to fit inbetween the stock rubber frame mounts... That's y I like this forum u guys know ur stuff.. tym for the sawzall to trim the engine mount.. ](*,)

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
You are welcome. I had looked into mount replacment 15 years ago when I put my 355 in the 78. Ok, now that we established that. Are you looking for a solid mount or more flexible? You can buy the part I listed from Moroso and put it on the frame for solids, or you can get a poly insert for your existing frame mount from like energy suspension and use the stock clamshell that mounts on the engine.

gbody nate

Daily Driver
Aug 28, 2013
the whole problem is I'm trying to fit a pair of dougs D313 headers on a bbc in my 82 cut, the drivers side went on with no problem. The passengers side is the case, I'm trimming the lower control arm to get the header to sit flush with the head, and I trimmed a corner off my clamshell ](*,) I'm almost at the point if I cut any more material off of the lower control arm that I will be flush with the center bolt that holds the lower control arm together...wth :-k ](*,) any suggestions ??? anybody???

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts