Gas tank vent and fill questions

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
What are you guys doing as far as connections to the vent line? Do you just put some type of filter on the end of a section of hose? Does it need to stay above tank level?

OK, another thing.... I went to the gas station to put gas in the tank for the first time this past weekend. When I was putting gas in, it would kick the pump off every few seconds and also spew gas out the filler neck. This was with an almost completely empty tank. The vent line is not clogged, so what could cause the problem of not taking gas? VERY aggravating!

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
I can't answer the second one, but the first question, I used the stock line, the one that runs back up to the front, and I went to autozone or advanced and bought oen of those little, what looks to be an air filter, but the hole is just big enough to fit over the end of the tubing. The only time I had the problem you are talking about on the second issue is when I had the line plugged off on the end. I didn't like the smell of gas fumes so I put the cap on the end until I could get something else.

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
I had the same problem last summer filling up my tank. Very annoying to say the least..Here is what I did and so far so good. Just waiting for the snow to melt ](*,)
0306001134b.jpg

0306001111a.jpg

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Yeah, I just wished I had known about this before I actually put gas in the tank.... :evil:

samh_08

Daily Driver
Oct 28, 2008
I feel ya. Pretty pathetic they cant make a tank with modern technology that vents as good as factory did...

If you are taking your tank down, I would also eliminate the restriction in your main feed line on the sending unit....And also upgrade the wires ;)

I dont know what kind of HP you're running, but I was dropping off fuel pressure under load so thats why I did all of that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!