Getting ready for my swap, need some part selection advice.

sofla78malibu

Daily Driver
Feb 22, 2008
South Florida
I received my 6.0l engine today and tore into it. I have some Patriot stg 3 lq9 heads, victor jr with elbow and 90mm throttle, and pacesetter LT headers, to put on it. I am still deciding on my camshaft, I would like it to be somewhat forced induction friendly for down the road if possible, any ideas? Aggressive cam is fine, the springs in the heads are good to .650 lift.

I have a TCI powerglide and convertor, but need to figure out what flexplate will let me bolt them together. Also I have a 9" to install but no center chunk, because I need to figure out what gears to run. I want to be able to drive it on the street maybe one weekend a month or so, but mainly I want to set it up to run 1/4 mile, with some trips to 1/8th mile tracks here in south Florida. Tires will be MT Drag Radials 275/60/15.

Also I need to find a PCM diagram so I can start wiring it up and remove unwanted wires. It is 2004 LQ4 harness and computer. I am using the Edelbrock mount adapters and moroso mounts mentioned a different thread and am hoping everything fits. My a/c heater box will be removed completely.

I am sure I'll have a lot more questions on setup. Thanks in advance for any advice. Oh yeah the car is a 78 maliibu

64malibu79

Amateur Racer
Aug 23, 2006
Brandywine, MD
As far as the flexplate goes TCI makes a kit or you can piece it from GM

GMPP flexplate spacer 12563532
GMPP flexplate 12551367
GMPP metric bolts (need 6) 12553332
TCI kit 399753

The TCI kits costs more then the piece parts but that's your choice.

Check out LS1tech.com, possibly the performance truck section, someone should have that info.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
I used the stock truck flexplate and tci specific ls1 convertor on mine...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts