Glass Bumpers

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
I know there are a few different companies that make fiberglass bumpers. Most dont give much info ,if any info at all, on how their bumpers mount. Lauren engineering has some that they say bolt to factory locations.
I am trying to find the most favored Brand of fiberglass bumpers. Ones with the best price. But most IMPORTANT to me is the ease to mounting. If there are any that bolt to the factory locations I would like to hear about it. I dont want a bumper that take too much to have it look like a factory bumper sits.
any info appreciated. Tim

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
I have a Glasstek front bumper. No mounting holes. You can use the stock mounts (or a lightweight wersion) on the car. Line up the bumper where you want it and mark the holes, drill and bolt on
or
mark where you want the mounts and then fiberglass them in place. Just depends if you want bolts heads showing through or not

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
I plan to do the same with mine only I cut the weld for the bumper shock and drained the fluid. Now I can push the bumper in as close as I want. I'll do a few tack welds to hold it once I get it where I want it

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!