Glass problems can anyone help??

shaggydjlg

Amateur Racer
Dec 31, 2007
Hersey,Mich
I have my car all sanded and buffed what a job!!! My 1st problem is this... I installed the rear 1/4 glass w/ 5/16 bytel tape when i put the glass holders in they would not crush the tape correctly.I have a finger thickness at the top between glass and b-pillar and at the bottom it is tight like it should be..(cant get bytel to crush at top). Next I installed aftermarket window wipes on the doors and installed all the window felts and la de das...But I have a terrible squeek when i roll window down it is fine when rolling up!! all felts for the window bumpers are new!! Could i have the adjustment between glass and wipes to tight??? Any help on both problems would be appreciated !! GETTING THE OLE GIRL READY FOR CAR SHOWS!!!!!!!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
heat on bytal works.was the glass taped or urethaned from oe?try backing off on the glass adjustments.what are you guys using for a buffing system???hows it going for ya?

shaggydjlg

Amateur Racer
Dec 31, 2007
Hersey,Mich
the glass was originally bytel tape its strange that it wont crush because its very soft.I can put pressure on the glass and make it fit right but when i put the clips in it pulls away..Ill try to back off on the felts a little bit but i like the glass to have a nice snug fit .im not to impressed with these re pops they dont fit right.
We use to use the presta buffing system but i dont like the extra cut compound It just didnt seem to get the scratches out.So what i do is sand down to anywhere from 1000 to 1500 grit depending on the color and will use the 3m extra cut compound once i have all the scratches out ill wipe it down and go back over it with the 1500 presta compound. I love the smell of it!!! after i get it buffed i will wipe it down again then go back over it with the presta swirl remover. the final stage would be the presta spray and shine if i dont have any of that ill use maguires touch of glass. Cars go out looking really nice. My boss hates it when i mix the 2 compounds but it works for me i havent had a problem yet

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!