Got my 6.0 today the swap begins.

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
my 6.0 LQ4 motor shipped in today and i started the tear down. Cant wait to get this project going. I currently have a 355 that will be coming out and going up for sale to I can fund this project.

plans for the motor
LS6 heads prolly shaved 0.20
FAST 92mm intake
Fast big mouth 92mm throttle body
Cam choice is still in the works
and a custom tune by a good friend of mine.
oh and some giggle gas as well

lol so is anyone looking for a complete 355? :twisted:

ill post some pics up here in the next few days.

SURESHOT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 29, 2008
LONG ISALND NEW YORK
SOUNDS GOOD
KEEP US ADVISED

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
talked with a good friend of mine who knows his LS1 stuff and he said to keep the 317 heads that for the money ill spend on a set of 243's i wont pick up much. Plus i plan on spraying the car so it will help with that. I was thinking about shaving the heads but if i do that then i have to run a smaller cam to compinsate for the material i take off the heads. So it looks like ill be running a pretty much Cam only LSX which might not be a bad thing cause I have a real good buddy who can tune.

388bu who did your wiring harness? we are doing a LS swap in a foxbody and i was telling him about your harness and he is interested in knowing where you had it done at.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
I had mine done at wait4me performance. Just google them, they should come up. About $375 for a tune and the harness re-work.

I just did my buddies harness for his 6.0 swap. Wish I would of done my own and saved me that cash. If you're not up to doing it, wait4me is your best bet in my opinion.

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
here are some pics of the motor, im hoping to have it on the engine stand this weekend and really get to work on it. ARP fastners, complete engine gasket set and some other goodies to be ordered this week. Hoping to have the motor put in the car in a couple weeks.

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
Brown_Gbody said:
keep up with the updates and take loads of pictures....

oh for sure, should be an interesting project for sure.

al i need to do now is sell the 355 thats in the car to start buying all the goodies for this setup. Plus I have a 9in that needs to be assembled so hopefully that will be in the car the same time the motor goes in.

pmgm

Amateur Racer
Jun 2, 2007
OH
Where did you get your 6.0 from? Im in the process of trying to find one for my swap and wondering where to look....

Thanks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts