Got some CF vinly and cleaned up the interior...pics inside

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I've had aluminum door panels in for awhile now since my factory door panels hit the cage after we installed it ](*,)

After 2 years, the fingerprints and scratches made the panels look rough, so we decided to cover it with Carbon Fiber vinyl. I'll be doing the new dash panel I posted in another thread soon, look for an update.

A 48"Wx60"L sheet did one door panel, glovebox, and radio delete plate. Let me know what you think.

dpanel-1.jpg

CIMG1591.jpg

The next candidate. I'm more hesitant to cover this with how much time I have in it, but I think it all needs to match...and this vinyl doesn't look cheap like I thought it would:
100_9245.jpg

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Re: Got some CF vinly and cleaned up the interior...pics ins

Looks pretty cool actually. Is that a Dakota dash you have? How do you like it?

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008

79loserbluebu said:
Looks pretty cool actually. Is that a Dakota dash you have? How do you like it?

I love this one. It is a universal one that sandwiches onto any flat panel. I picked it up cheap on Ebay; it's an older model but works fine. I don't like the kits that fit in the g-body dashes...mostly because I don't like the factory gauge surrounds other than the GN or T-Type ones.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491

Awesome just saw your thread about it. $100 how can you beat that? You'd spend half of that for Autometer sending units for their gauges. I'm going to end up using the stock application Monte cluster because I actually like the stock appearing bezel, for my street car.

Is it alright reading them in sunlight? I understand it'll be harder but so is reading the gauges with the clear lens in front of it.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI

That looks realy Good. Doug

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008

Thanks Doug!

Dakota Digital is the only way to go for reading in the sunlight. I used to have Nordskog LED gauges, and they weren't as good during the day. Dakota Dig uses Vacuum Fluorescent displays, not LED's, so you can read it fine in sunlight, then it dims with the parking lights at night....that's also why they cost so much.

Once you get used to the readouts, they are great. Sometimes an analog gauge is better for racing so you can glance at it quickly.

I did get a good deal on it, but this is the third auction I won until I got the current setup. Still paid less than a new unit, but wish I would have found this one first!! Still run the Autometer ultralite vac gauge and trans temp also..great pieces.

prostreet43

Amateur Racer
Jan 1, 2007
stanford,kentucky

Man that does look good,is it as easy as they say it is to put on ?,,,,I have there site book marked because I thought about buying some and trying it on my inner fenders,on there demo videos they say it will mold to odd shapes real well.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008

It was easy to put on these surfaces and it seemed to mold very well to the recessed region of the glovebox. That would be neat to do the inner fenders but I would be worried about brake fluid and oil making it come off after time...I can't keep stuff clean enough no matter how hard we try.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008

blu402mally said:
lookin good baby

Thanks man. It's not the cleanest car out there, but I'm working a lot on strategy to go rounds with it this season.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!