GOT SOME VIKING SHOCKS ON THE 80 MALIBU

WARDO97531

Jun 27, 2013
(SORRY FOR CAPS BEING ON IM ON WORK) BUT I BOUGHT SOME VIKING DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS FOR MY BBC MALIBU. THE CAR WOULD BLOW OFF 275 60 15 DRAG RADIALS FROM A 35 ROLL ALL DAY LONG. THIS WAS ON STOCK SUSPENSION SO I REPLACED THE SPRINGS (STOCK REPLACEMENT) AND I PUT THOSE VIKING SHOCKS ON THE CAR. I ALSO PUT RELOCATION BRACKETS FOR MY LOWER CONTROL ARMS. AND I DO HAVE UPPER ADJUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS. WHERE DO I START WITH MY ADJUSTMENTS? WHERE SHOULD I START WITH MY SHOCKS? ILL BE TESTING THE CAR ON A EMPTY ROAD. SO I WONT HAVE THE ADDED TRACTION ADVANTAGE OF THE RACETRACK..... BUT LIKE I SAID I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START

WARDO97531

Jun 27, 2013
just rear. im running stock shocks on the front bc there fairly worn out. and were on a lower budget build. the car seems to have enough power to lift the front though.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Relocation brackets on lowest holes.

Adjustable uppers set so there is around two degrees between driveshaft and pinion centerline (a very shallow "V")

Vikings on 3 compression clicks from full soft. Rebound on 10 compression clicks from full soft. This will be a different feel on rebound than you're used to. The rebound will be more firm (slower) and should hold the weight back there longer. Keep adding rebound until 60ft times get slower - or when back road testing, it doesn't feel like it's "right" anymore...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts