greg weld wheel fitment info

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i ordered a set of 15 x 8 with a 4.50 b/s , greg weld dragster wheels when i did a test fit on the FRONT for an 81 malibu i found the depth of the center bore measures appro 2 1/4 " and the distance from the rotor to the bearing dust cover is 3 " without the center cap the rims fit flush but would not look good at all becuase the center cap has multiple screws holding it to the rim from the front bottom line is expect to run spacers and longer studs unless they make a deeper centercap just figure i would spread the word for a more informed decision

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
so you are saying they won't fit the front because they have a short center cap? what did you do, send them back?

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i think i am sending them back the thought of running spacers or adapters isnt practical to me 1 ] creating stud weakness 2 ] having to install longer studs possibly 3 ] extra cost 4 ] how far the tires stick out 5 ] drivability issues to much b/s to bad i really like the small center cap look think i am going for the summit star wheels

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
i just spoke with someone at greg weld design and he said there was an issue with the older gm's like you are saying. they have another center cap design that resolves this issue. call them direct at 1-888-492-9394.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
no problem, thanks for the heads up about the fitment issue. i would have been ticked off if i bought a set and they would not fit! now i know to order the other center caps when i order the wheels. later......tom.

A

Anonymous

Did you have to pay for the correct center caps? I was interested in these wheels as well. 6 to 8 weeks? Geez, you would think they would have better customer service than that.....

Can you post a pic of the wheels? I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jeff

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i am the test pilot i guess like i said i called greg wleds thats what they told me they also said summit should be able to swap the new style caps i then called summit rite after the greg call and explained the situation i didnt get to the swap or pay for the new caps q's i was concerned with the 90 day return they put notes in the system and i clearly stated if for what ever reason i cant get the caps if i can return them they said i could i am bummed out that i cant mount tires on them untill this cap situation is finished so i get to stare at some nice new shiny wheels till end of july yeah then shortly the fall comes and time to put the car away to think weld has been making wheels for a long a## time i say how did this happen like someone wouldnt think of mounting them on old cars i took the pic with a web cam probably not the greatest if you have anymore q's or need more pics let me know later

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the pics. I am sorry you will have to wait to get them on the car.

Please update us when you get the cap deal resolved.

I think I may just get Draglites.

Thanks again.

Jeff

KAB

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2005
jersey
thats interesting , i just called them today with the same problem (greg weld and summit)
they told me they were unaware of this problem and the guy i talked with at greg weld design ,told me to dent the dust cap and it will fit
wil the american racing cap fit , they make an aluminum domed version

malibufrontwheels002.jpg

malibufrontwheels005.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!