Guys running Ford 9's and lowered. Come on in.

Bricktop

Daily Driver
Jul 18, 2013
marengo, indiana
I searched and came up with nothing.
I know that most bolt in 9's angle the upper bars downward towards the chassis. Where are you guys Instant centers ending up?

Im debating running a bolt in 9 vs an 8.8. I'm wanting the rear to sit at least 2 inches lower than stock Monte Carlo SS height, and the front 3 inches lower.

A few vendors have brackets that allow adjustment of the upper bars of an 8.8 in a Gbody. This may give me a better bar intersection point, as I'm not wanting to hit the tires too hard.

Last, I'm planning on running 28 10.50's with the lowered car. Is this possible with a stock tub/ Frame rail?

I know this isn't a Monte site. But, Unless your into autocross or Pro-touring they don't have much insite over there.
Any thoughts?

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
I ran into alot of the same questions about my 12 bolt and getting new control arms. check out base line suspension and theres a calculator to plot out your rear suspension and instant center.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
If some of the others on here will get measurements of theirs, that would help you. Also I run a 15x8 with a 28x10.5s MT ET Drag. with only the fender lip rolled.

MYMONTECARLO

Weekend Racer
Nov 7, 2008
CINCINNATI,OHIO
Ha I have a 1978 montecarlo w/ moser 9" . I have 12" 150lb spring in stock position.currie upper dbl. adj. ,umi,dbl. adj. lowers set 19" long center hole to hole,trz arb.that spring lowered my car 2" in rear,I have moroso trick 212 spring w/one coil cut, lowered car alot like 3".I have my instant center at 2 degress with mild 355 smallblock.moser upper control arm are to tall,mine are like 7" tall,4.5 " apart,If you go 9" route go trz they have the correct geomotory for the g-body.tire wise I have mt 255 60 15 with 5.5" backspacing,can't fit no bigger tire without frame work,your ss should be able to take bigger tire,I don't know the size....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!