heater core 78 wagon

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
its cold, heater core is out of the malibu, and my two other vehicles with heat arent running. is this a pull the dash out kind of change or can it all be done from under the hood? btw it is an a/c car too so it has the big box

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Everything is done under the hood :) remove cowl screen, remove bolts for HVAC top section, pretty self explanatory from there I think... been a while.

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
Doober said:
Everything is done under the hood :) remove cowl screen, remove bolts for HVAC top section, pretty self explanatory from there I think... been a while.

yeah ive never done one on a malibu before. did a couple s10s and it was dash removal. hope its not too much trouble

78_buwag

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2012
Columbia, MO
it was actually a very easy process on the bu. remove wipers, chrome windshield trim, catch tray above box. then remove the top half of the box and blower motor (not necessary but helps with the weight issue) and pull the old core out. i ran into a fitment issue with the new core since its a "universal replacement". the old core had 2 humps above the inlet/outlet ports, the new core was a solid tank across the top. take the bracket out from the bottom of the housing and it fits, but cant run the ground bracket. but hopefully the next time this happens i'll have my heat only suitcase in there and should be easier. only took an afternoon to do and the heat runs me out of the car.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!