Hedman Husler #65218 Headers

lastchevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 14, 2003
Sidney, MT
Anyone running these headers on a Malibu w/ SBC w/ angle plug heads. Wondering how they fit and how close the collector flanges are to transmission. Also where did you route plug wires? Pics?
Thanks. Matt

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
im also thinking about a set of these this winter.

MonteMike79

Pro Stocker
Nov 7, 2003
Erie, PA
Mine fit awesome, I do have angle plug heads and plugs aren't too bad, the number 3 plug is close to the tube, you need to run a short plug to make it fit. The collectors aren't too close to the transmission, I was able to get the transmission out of the car with the headers still bolted on. They fit great, don't come close to hitting anything, even an AC box if you have one, I ran these when I still had the box in my car as well.

lastchevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 14, 2003
Sidney, MT
I ended up searching the forums more after I posted the initial question and found that header selection is an ongoing dilemma. I ended up finding pics of your car, but in the pics you don't have wires on yet. Just curious where you have them routed.
Also, what heads are you running? I currently use Dart Pro1's. Would the #3 plug be in the same location as yours?
The reason I asked about the collectors is I currently have Hooker Super Comps #2242s. The collector on the drivers side is so close that I had to trim the gear selector on the trans way down because it made contact on top of the collector. Also collector flange is right where strap for trans shield goes around and it makes contact to. These were $400 headers that I bought new for $200 from a friend of mine who had bought them but never had them installed. Seemed like a good deal but now i'd throw them in the garbage!
Thanks for the reply.
Matt

MonteMike79

Pro Stocker
Nov 7, 2003
Erie, PA
I am running Brodix track 1's, my wires are routed over top of the valve covers down to the plugs. My collectors leave plenty of room for the shifter cable and bracket, I don't know about a trans shield, I run one of the CSR carbon fiber ones , but it doesn't have a bracket that goes under the trans, just a strap.

big-angry-hillbilly

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2009
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I have the 1-7/8 version with the offset bolt pattern for my car plus adapter plates. I have not put them on the car yet - however they were used on the car before - there are no dings or anyhting in them anywhere to clearance plugs or any of that sort of stuff - they are a 3.5" collector though.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!