Holley 87251 air bleed question

78ElkySS

Weekend Racer
May 22, 2003
Crestview, FL
I have the 82751 holley and have been having issues with off-idle stumble. We tuned at the track and just couldn't get it dialed in. So decided to pull it apart and inspect everything just to be sure. I noticed I have 3 different sized air bleeds, 71, 35 or 6 the bottom of the number is gone, and 4 of a 22 or 25 sized ones. Is this normal? I haven't found the specs for this carb to verify thats what came with it. Anyone else running this carb?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
How high is your idle speed? You may have the throttle plates open too far, exposing the transfer slot.

Tommy

78ElkySS

Weekend Racer
May 22, 2003
Crestview, FL
600 to 700 RPM at idle. It sounds awesome but I look like a dummy when I spurt and sputter. I have a 850 street carb that pretty stock so I am going to swap that on. We used my buddies 750 and that was on a milder 355 mid 80s Camaro and he was running 8.5 in the 1/8th. I got to 9.09 but i should be at 8.5 or 8.3. I am going to shoot an email to holley to find out what 82751 came with originally.

Redline396

Amateur Racer
Oct 21, 2008
clifton, nj
it would help greatly to know what set up you have.....i.e small block or big block,cubic inch,cam ignition and timing,intake manifold and so on..........you have different air bleeds for the different circuts in the carb.......idle,main,power valve.....however i would check for vac. leaks and it's common to stumble if your acc. pump shot isnt enough..........larger squirter,different pump cam or a bigger acc. pump all together.............what works on one engine may not work on another...........you have to tune them accordingly..............good luck and let us know how you make out ken

78ElkySS

Weekend Racer
May 22, 2003
Crestview, FL
As far as the setup its just a 350 with a xe268 cam, 6al2 ignition, 34 degrees timing with a air gap manifold. It has 28 and 31 squirters. I got this carb used so i wanted to take it back to factory. I just thought it was weird to have 3 different sizes. The season is over up here so i am going build another engine then send it off to be done correctly.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!