Homemade turbo kit?

78ricekiller

Weekend Racer
Nov 30, 2009
midwest
I've been thinking about turbocharging one of my vehicles preferably my pickup since my malibu is on a 225 hit and no one will race me anymore...any one build a homemade kit I don't want anything crazy just something fun and somewhat cheap. Thanks

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
need engine specs, goals, ect....

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Forced induction and cheap do not go hand in hand unless you can fabricate everything yourself, and even still it's a pretty penny.

78ricekiller

Weekend Racer
Nov 30, 2009
midwest
I'd like to keep it carbureted...the engine is bone stock with a slight cam and intake...my goal is to build a sleeper pretty much for as cheap as possible basically just something fun

79Creeper

Daily Driver
Im builiding a turbo motor and we are fabing everything in house but just with good parts and ive got a goal of about 800, im pushing $2000 in just turbo parts. Thats not including piping and intercooler. You will have to either buy a blow through carb or modify yours to allow blow through. If you dont then when the turbo spools up it wont allow the fuel to flow through

Ssautochrome has cheap stainless headers for a turbo set up. They also have cheap wastegates. You just need to change the diaphram to a tial one. You can get a cheap turbo from workturbochargers. Go with a csu carb.

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
Designed and built everything myself. Oh and it wont be cheap by the time you are done.

Yeah, my plan was to do it for 3k, I more than doubled that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts