Hooker LS manifolds VS LS headers

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Getting ready to test-fit my LS motor in the frame. I was going to use full-length headers, but now I see the new Hooker cast iron manifolds that look pretty nice. I know the headers will make more power, but the manifolds should flow pretty well, right? My motor's at around 525 hp. I wonder if these manifolds would support that, or would they choke things off? They look great, I think they would seal a little better, and quiet things down a bit, too. Anybody have these yet?

BIGDOGG

Amateur Racer
Nov 26, 2008
gobles mi
I have heard that the stock units can handle up to 1000hp when using a turbo, now if it is true iam not sure, if it is true or not i think the hooker units are great. Buy them and let me know.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Forced induction pretty much negates any restriction in the exhaust flow, due to the positive pressure. That being said, I know ported manifolds or headers will flow better, and therefore make more peak power. My motor's N/A, so I am a little concerned with flow. Those LS long tube headers are just SO expensive! This swap is costing a TON more than I expected. Hope it's worth it...

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
WHAT HEADERS DID U GO WITH? I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE 2010 CAMARO EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE HOOKER LS MANIFOLDS??........ ANY SUGGESTIONS???

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Holy old post, Batman :shock: ....LOL
I didn't get the LS engine in the other Malibu yet. I'm busy doing the Malibu in my avatar...floorpan (last year), custom seat brackets, new seats, complete carb teardown and rebuild, major tuneup, heater box delete with extension, and putting power steering back in the car, and a new accessory drive from March. All with 2 little kids running me ragged, too :lol: ...The LS Malibu will get some love over the winter, I promise. I'll be getting full length headers, but I'm not sure through who yet.

BoostedbuLQ9

Amateur Racer
Dec 16, 2008
Ocean County, NJ
Well i had BRP shorty headers and now BRP 1 7/8 Long Tube headers.

My car with other cam and shorty headers we made 400 RWHP / new cam and Long Tubes 422 RWHP.

I think some of that was in the tuning and rest in the flow.

Ralph

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!