Hoosier Quick Time DOT Pro Tire

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
I am looking to get a set of Hoosier quick time dot pro tires for the rear of my 79 malibu. I would like to get either 27x10.5x15 or 28x11.5x15. Will either of these tires fit with no frame notch or no wheel lip being rolled on a 15x8 or 15x10 without rubbing. If so what would I need for backspacing on either wheel? Would the hoosier drag radial be a better tire? If so what size in them would be the best fit on these rims? Maybe 275/50r15 or 275/60r15?
Thanks

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
i have firestone 28x9 slicks on a 15x8 rim with 4.5" b/s. these slicks are exactly the same size as a 28x11.50 q/t pro(the quicktimes are measured by section width, the firestones by tread width). they fit perfectly, and in fact, i'm replacing my slicks with those same hoosiers.

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
Excellent Thanks. Would the q/t pro be a better tire than the drag radial for mostly strip use but will also be street driven sometimes?

MEGABU

Top Fueler
Aug 20, 2007
Blue Island, IL
attngtr said:
Excellent Thanks. Would the q/t pro be a better tire than the drag radial for mostly strip use but will also be street driven sometimes?
i think it comes down to personal preference. some guys like the ride & treadlife of the radial, and some(like me) like the traction & look of a drag tire. something about people staring at your wrinkly tires while they're stuck next to you in traffic :twisted: . i've run both, and i just like the bias ply drag tires. as far as traction goes, there's guys on this site goin' 7s on drag radials. it's all in your chassis setup!

attngtr

Frequent Racer
Sep 20, 2007
Eastern Iowa
Thanks. I am about to order my wheels and tires and want to get it right the first time. I am going to go with Weld draglites 15x8 with 4.5" bs and 28x11.5 q/t pros. I really appreciate the input.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts