How much power for a stock 8.5?

Steed

Daily Driver
Feb 8, 2009
I am currently running a stock 8.5 inch out of a Grand National. I was curious to see what kind of 60 ft times you guys are cutting with stock 8.5's? I searched around and couldn't really come up with anything.

Thanks

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
The GN rear will support a good amount of horsepower without any upgrades to then.. pushing them into the mid 10.'s isn't unheard of but would recommend c-clip eliminators be add'd..

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Yeah but if you are putting c-clip eliminators in you might as well install bigger axles and a true spool, then you might as well put on a good cover with a back brace, then you might as well weld the axle tubes to the center section, then you might as well install a billet 1350 yoke and new driveshaft, then you might as well put some good disc brakes on it, oh and powdercoat it, lol. Doesnt take much for me to get that "might as well" ball rolling, LOL!!

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
CutlassRacer said:
Yeah but if you are putting c-clip eliminators in you might as well install bigger axles and a true spool, then you might as well put on a good cover with a back brace, then you might as well weld the axle tubes to the center section, then you might as well install a billet 1350 yoke and new driveshaft, then you might as well put some good disc brakes on it, oh and powdercoat it, lol. Doesnt take much for me to get that "might as well" ball rolling, LOL!!

i might as well of said all of that.. :lol:

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I have a stock GN 8.5 under my car, and I have had many low 1.50s and a few 1.4X 60' passes with no problems YET. I am going to pull the axles before I start running again this year to make sure they are not twisted. Oh and that is on trans brake too. I have a friend with a 3rd gen F body with and 8.5 with 4.56 gears and I have seen some low 1.3X 60s out of his car leaving on the nitrous, but he footbrakes and his car only weighs around 2900 with him in it. I'm sure they are both ticking time bombs, but we are going to run them till they break!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts