How to roll fender lip?

1986supreme

Daily Driver
Mar 11, 2008
I have been searching on here for a little while trying to find out how to roll the fender lip can anyone help me out with some pics or just simple how to?

Thanks in advance

Rok_Stars_Bars

Feb 6, 2010
On my cutlass I got a staight die grinder and cut slits on the fender lip to about 1/8 from the body. Then grab a hammer and block of wood and start folding the metal over. I have read other ppls saying after you cut the slits just get a bat and wedge it between the tire and the car. And get your buddy to drive the car foward slowly and fold the metal over that way. Now theses are backyard mechanicing ways. You could do it right and pay someone or buy the tool make to do it .

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
On my cutlass I got a staight die grinder and cut slits on the fender lip to about 1/8 from the body. Then grab a hammer and block of wood and start folding the metal over.

That is how I did mine. It was a piece of cake, just take your time and hammer the lip up. Those fenders are alot tougher than they look.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
i trimed mine and roled the trim over the trim. dont like rolling them, it pushis out the quater

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
NEW2MALIBU said:
On my cutlass I got a staight die grinder and cut slits on the fender lip to about 1/8 from the body. Then grab a hammer and block of wood and start folding the metal over.

That is how I did mine. It was a piece of cake, just take your time and hammer the lip up. Those fenders are alot tougher than they look.

Ditto

You can also get a tool to do the job but it's rather pricey: http://www.eastwood.com/ew-fender-roller-w-instruction.html

There are also some places you can rent them.

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
I used a 25lb bag of lead shot (#9) held up against the outside of the quarter panel and moved it along as I hammered in the lip from the inside.

78BlackBu

Daily Driver
Apr 8, 2010
Manchester, Ct
NEW2MALIBU said:

Same here, it was relatively easy and the quarters didn't push out either.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts