I hate to ask, but here it goes.....Manual Brake Setup....

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com
I was one of the many people that ordered the manual brake kit from Unlimited1320 and have heard nothing but bad things about the setup. Since I already have the firewall plate from this setup, I would rather just buy the Wilwood MC with rod and be set. I was planning on getting the Wilwood WIL-260-4894. I will be running discs up front (Wilwood HD disc kit) and stock drums in the rear for now.

I plan on running a 10lb residual valve for the rear drums. Here is where I get a little confused. I have heard that some people say to remove the stock proportioning valve, while others have ran it and it worked fine. I have read previous posts and have heard some good and some bad for each.

Since I have the body off the frame, I have full access, so installation for the most part should be much easier. I already have brand new SS lines from the front to the back that are waiting to be installed (stock lines were shot).

I am looking for suggestions on which is the best way to go. I was not planning on going with a roll control now. If the stock prop valve is removed, I guess I will have to fab some lines to connect everything, or maybe a roll control installed now would help make the fab a little easier (connection point for lines without the prop valve).

Any tips or advice on this and brake line fittings in general?

A

Anonymous

I am running a 78 malibu manual master cylinder, homemade booster delete plate, line lock, and stock proportioning valve. I am running stock front disc and rear drum. This setup works perfectly fine for me and everybody I know. The basic factory power brake system is stock and untouched. The only thing is the manual master cylinder and line lock was added. I hope this helps.

Richard

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com
Richard, I appreciate the help. Sounds like what I am hoping to run, just upgraded front brakes.

A

Anonymous

Did close to the same thing..Autozone MC for a 69 camaro with front disc, homemade delete plate,and a rod from master power..everything else is stock

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com
Perfect, I will be placing my order with Summit today then.

Thanks for the help guys.

SSSSMonte

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2006
NY
84 Calais said:
I am running a 78 malibu manual master cylinder, homemade booster delete plate, line lock, and stock proportioning valve. I am running stock front disc and rear drum. This setup works perfectly fine for me and everybody I know. The basic factory power brake system is stock and untouched. The only thing is the manual master cylinder and line lock was added. I hope this helps.

Richard
WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT PUSHROD?? I WANT TO DO THE SAME ON MY 88MCSS..I HAVE DELETE PLATE AND LINELOCK ALREADY.. THANKS MAN

A

Anonymous

I got mine from mpbrakes.com..or you can get one from any gm manual brake car..

A

Anonymous

SSSSMonte said:
84 Calais said:

Richard
WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT PUSHROD?? I WANT TO DO THE SAME ON MY 88MCSS..I HAVE DELETE PLATE AND LINELOCK ALREADY.. THANKS MAN

I took the one out of the booster. It needs the plunger at the end ground to the right diameter then shortened to fit.

Richard

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!