I need hood suggestions

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I put a cold air intake on my Malibu. It looks real good,but I don't have hood clearance so I took the hood off. I really want to be able to park my car with out anyone trying to steal what I put on my car. A cowl hood won't work due to the way the intake sits and I really don't see to many options when it comes to 80 Malibus.

Attachments

• smaller cold air hood.jpg
    smaller cold air hood.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,580
  • cai2.jpg
    cai2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,573

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I bought this one used for $50 at a swap meet.Spectre has them for like around $250 to like $300 give or take the components you get with it. http://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/9859K/10002/-1?parentProductId=769283, this is a link to the jegs catalog I found after I bought mine.

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Several here.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/Factorystylescoops.htm

I would use the Max Wedge scoop to fit over both of your cold air filters.

Whatever one you choose, they will mold it to the hood if you order the whole deal from them.

I'm sure they could stretch one to fit if needed.

And....VFN is known as one of the quality fiberglass companies.

8)
bukweet

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I tried them already. They told me that they can't do it,then they told they wouldn't mold me a custom hood cause it would mess up their mold. So then I asked them what hood do you have that would fit,they told me none of their hoods would fit.

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Sorry to hear that response from VFN.

Google the subject and learn to make your own scoop. :-k

No one would have one like yours. \:D/

8)
bukweet

7d8ss

Amateur Racer
Jan 29, 2005
Lexington, Ohio
Consider one of those forward facing, wide scoops that were on the early to mid sixties Super Stock Dodges. ~ Jon

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I did have that idea,a buddy of mine had one and we set it up. It didn't look to well,I was trying to find the hood that's on the GBODYPARTS advertisement on the blue Malibu up top. I might have to buy a 2" cowl hood and cut for it for clearance.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!