I need the final answer on sizes for my wagon

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Ive been reading all of the tire/wheel questions posted in this section. I even had a post in a while ago and got some replies. After reading them all again there still seems to be some question of what really will fit. I have an 83 wagon with a 2" drop front and rear. Right now there are 205-65s on a 6" rally on the front and 235-70s on a 7" rally on the back. Im looking to give the car a "pro tour" look. I see a lot of guys are running 17x8 all the way around with all different sizes for tires. I thinking more of 17x7 in the front and Im still not sure what size for the rear. Probably a 17x8. Its very confusing. I only want to buy tires and wheels one time, not have a trial and error fiasco. I dont want to chop up my wheelwells or roll any edges. From what Ive read it sounds like a 4" back space in the front and 4 1/2" for the rear will be the choice but if I reach back there now with the rally wheels it feels like it would be pretty tight. I could really use some advice guys. Im hoping to have the $$ for the wheels and tires by the end of the month. And has anyone bought packages from Custom Wheels Market in CA ? Theyre on ebay and the shipping is free. I havent shopped locally yet but they have some pretty nice stuff.

clint

Top Fueler
Oct 10, 2008
brodheadsville,pa
my old rims were 17x8 all the way i around and fit perfect ,had 245/45/17's up front.235/55/17 rears had no problems with rubbing issues anywhere front or rear .41/2 inch backspacing on the rear might cause rubbing issues.i think 4 inch is best.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!