I wanna pull the front tires off the ground...

BOB-O

Daily Driver
Apr 17, 2007
North -O- Houston
Alright guys. I wanna know how much I need to change to pull the front tires. I would like the keep the current engine and trans combo. I would also like to keep it streetable.
My car has the following:

6.0l Gen III smallblock
Vic Jr intake 650 vac. sec. Demon carb
TSP torquer v2 cam
ported LQ4 heads (I forgot the casting #)
bout 10:1 compression
full manual th350
3500 RPM converter
7.5 gm rear with 3.73's

the rear suspension is all stock
the front suspension is lowered alot (cut coil spring) and has all polly bushings and a 1 3/8" sway bar from a 3rd gen F-body.

with this combo I have run 11.58 1/4mile w/a 1.7xx 60ft
I have seen 11sec cars pull the tires a couple inches before so I think there is a wheelie in her some where.

Things I know are counterproductive to yankin the tires:
polly bushings in the front
cut coil springs in the front
stock rear control arms

So watt do you guys think. is it possible to yank the tires/tire a couple inches. watt should I add in watt order.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
this is just me, but i'd go bigger with the carb... a 750 sounds about right. you might want to upgrade to a rear end sometime soon. i see that thing givng up the ghost before too long

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
stock axles? 26 spline?

rearend issues aside, suspension is everything. i know a guy that was running 13.0's pulling the left front a couple inches in his nova. tubular upper and lower control arms, good drag shocks and springs, and you'll be closer. now the bad news...once you do these upgrades...say bye bye to the 7.5.

BOB-O

Daily Driver
Apr 17, 2007
North -O- Houston
Yeah, the 7.5 has already blown once on me. So, thats in my upgrade plans. So is that carb, I'm sure there is some more power to be found there.

BOB-O

Daily Driver
Apr 17, 2007
North -O- Houston
should I worry about changing rear suspension geometry (control arm relocation)?

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
i wouldn't worry too much about relocation at this time... i would think a good set of upper/lower arms, some shocks, and a decent set of springs front/rear would be a good start.

BOB-O

Daily Driver
Apr 17, 2007
North -O- Houston
eventually I'm gonna spray it, but I'd like to do it without spray. I'll spray it as a last resort.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
A 2 ton jack should get it there... #-o

Sorry....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts