ill fitting lower radiator hose

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
the new stock lower radiator hose doesn't fit the new griffin radiator by a 1/4". the stock hose measures 1-1/2id and the inlet of the radiator is 1-3/4od.has anyone run into something like this with an aftermarket radiator? :-k thanks.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
No, but I've used WD-40 on stubborn hoses...........works well.

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
The griffin rad i bought was the same way, i used dish soap and forced it on. No splits or cracks yet, been on there for 2 years now.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
man if i got this hose on @a 1/4" to small might not need a clamp! ;)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I've spoken to Griffin about that a few times. They say it's because it's a stock replacement fit radiator. I tried to tell them the stock hose isn't 1-3/4". Their answer was "just call us when you order your radiator, we'll make it for you with the 1-1/2" fitting". I think they missed my point...

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
LS6 Tommy said:
I've spoken to Griffin about that a few times. They say it's because it's a stock replacement fit radiator. I tried to tell them the stock hose isn't 1-3/4". Their answer was "just call us when you order your radiator, we'll make it for you with the 1-1/2" fitting". I think they missed my point...

Tommy
](*,) i work with aftermarket parts everyday and they're cheap junk but the hoses fit,i never expected this from a company like griffin.they didn't miss your point, they just don't care.stock replacement?i think not.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The funny thing is, their website states "Some models may require 1.75" lower hose". I may very easily be wrong, but I don't recall any OEM G-body application that uses an 1-3/4" lower hose...

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
godforbid they provide a part#or a source to remedy a problem to go along with a product they make ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
thanks bustedknuckle,the soap/heat gun/gloves/hook tool and foul language did the trick.i can't imagine changing that hose on the side of the road. ](*,) ](*,)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts