Inst. MC SS console w Column Shift-need to fill space-recomn

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Re: Inst. MC SS console w Column Shift-need to fill space-re

Some guys have also used one from a 2000ish grand prix, and they fit pretty well. should be a bunch in corey's or Andy's.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com

the one T5montecarlo posted is cheaper, I deal with them every day and they are really nice peices but if you have some know how and can modify your own they sell this too and its only $20

Last edited by a moderator:

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )

may I suggest that you duplicate the design from Gbodyparts and matte fibreglass over the existing cover that you have for the console ( assuming you have the cover ). Find some Stainless Steel Cups large enough to hold a water bottle or a Tims Coffee Cup ( princess auto is great for stuff like that in their surplus section ) and cut a hold in your fibreglassed cover to match the size of the cups. Then you use the SS cups as your cupholder. We did something similar to this years ago when we put the buckets and console from a GP into a 4dr Malibu but retained the column shift and it worked great !

Fibreglass boat kit from Princess is $15 ( comes with resin, hardener, mesh and brushes ). Cups should be $1-$2 ea. You will need a drill, holesaw and some paint to match.

Good luck finding any gbody parts if you are scrap yard hunting anywhere near the GTA as they are not there very often. The only 2 I know if that will let you pull your own parts anymore are Mega City in Georgetown ( they had 2 gbodies last time I was there that were totally garbage ) and Standard in Markham ( I have seen 1 gbody then in the last 4 years ). Remember you will need to be 16 ( for the day :) ) to get into the yard. I learned that trying to get my 11 year old son in one day last summer !

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada

Hey Sour, here's the link for the cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!