Iron 408ci. in 87 Monte SS

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
I am fairly new to this board and posted my build under the Newbie section about 3 weeks ago,It was originally a 383LS1 stroker build but that block has been sold to a friend and we will be going with a 408 6.0 iron block instead,for a little bit more money this is definately the way to go.I will post pics of this entire build as soon as i can

jerrycad472

Daily Driver
Jan 28, 2008
Grosse Ile, MI
Welcome, sounds like a great plan. I thought about doing a stroker, but I started adding up all of the little parts I needed and it started getting expensive. I am going with a stock LS1 for now, then build it up as I go. Stroker some day.

Cool looking cars.

deuce_454

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
im going with a stock cube ls1 as well, they respond really well to a heads/cam swap... a 6.0 iron block with ported ls7 heads and a good cam (texas-speed.com) has some great packages.. will put you beyond 500 rwhp... i dont think the extra cubes are worth the extra money over hetter heads...
there is more bang for the buck in a H/C setup than stroker crank and stock heads... just my 2 cents

but wellcome, and remember.. post lots and lots of pictures welcome_sign.gif dancin_banana.gif

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
nice to see more and more lsx guys around.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts