Is anyone running a floor shifted automatic with bench seat?

79elco

Daily Driver
Aug 18, 2010
Just like the title says. Anyone running this combination? I don't want to go away from having my shifter on the column but going through the gears and not having a reverse lockout is making me nervous so I'm considering a floor mounted shifter. Only problem is that I don't want to go away from my bench seat either. Show me what you got and tell me how you like it.

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Re: Is anyone running a floor shifted automatic with bench s

Thought I would not like it, so I bought the cheapest B&M shifter I could, just in case I switched over to buckets. I really wanted to keep my bench too, that was 6 yrs. ago, I really like it with the bench. Only 1 draw back, I am 5' 10" and had to mount the shifter so it would clear the dash when in park. The seat cannot move any more forward, which is in the perfect location for me, but it can move a couple of clicks back. Anyone shorter then me cannot drive my car, which is good tho!! LOL Everyone that looks at my Bu says, "wow you still have the original bench, I like it that way" This is the best pic I have.
Picture083.jpg

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass

i wish i ran a bench seat,it would make date night more fun :-"

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010

im running an old B&M quick click in my lemans with a bench. i took the dash ashtray out so i could move it a little further up (not like theres not any other ones around the car). like HP JUNKEY, im 6'1 so i have no problem reaching everything, and i can move it a couple clicks forward from the back, but thats about it. i love my bench seat though.

DSCF1904.jpg

LETSDRG

Weekend Racer
Apr 14, 2009
Grosse Ile, MI

Works good, i am 6' 5" so the bench is all the way back, i have no problem reaching it, i think it looks pretty cool to.

IMG_1378.jpg

79elco

Daily Driver
Aug 18, 2010

Cool. Let me ask those of you who went from column to floor, how did you go about getting rid of the column lever? I thought I was going to just put the column in N or something so the wheel wasn't locked but then realized that I couldn't pull the key out.

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL

I've ran a B&M quicksilver and a turbo action cheetah shifter in my Monte with a bench seat. Actually even with the 8.50 cage it still has the bench seat and cheetah shifter...

Malibu Monte

Frequent Racer

I am considering keeping the bench in my new malibu with a floor shifter. But is it comfortable with the shifter there? Like do you have to reach too far forward to use the shifter? Or is is just right?

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada

i have the split bench in my monte carlo still and switched from the cloumn shifter to a hurst quarter stick. it clears the dash in park, and is very close to the seat in 1st, but works just fine. i left my column in park and took the lever off. i have no backup lights now, but i'm sure there's a way to fix that if i wanted to.

Texaselky

Feb 9, 2011
Austin Texas

I am using a Kilduff shifter, I cut the seat pan, trimmed the foam and folded the seat covering down to cover it. My seat has full travel and with the armrest folded down looks kinda like buckets on the bottom with a bench back.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts