JUST ORDERED A QP 9INCH...WHICH TRAILING ARMS TO GO WITH

Rbrtbarker

Oct 28, 2011
Hello, new here so heres a little about what were doin. 79 malibu 408sb, looking to run low 11's or high 10's. rite now body off frame, boxed frame, made upper and lower trailing arm bracing. now i need some help on deciding if i should box them in ( im a welder by trade) or buy adjustable ones. iv heard guys talk about how theyre not all theyre cracked up to be. i think id like being able to play with pinion angle a little bit, but is it worth the $. this car will mainly be raced at the strip, but also street driven sometimes. also getting ready to order a 10pt cage from jegs...unless someone out there has something bad to say about their fit. i know i could probably search most of these things, but theres just not enuff hrs in my day for that. any input will be much help, thanks.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
I'd get adjustable. These cars are not built all that square and with adjustable you can square the rear with the lowers, center it with the uppers, and set pinion angle.

Rbrtbarker

Oct 28, 2011
Thanks gman, I noticed that when I boxed my frame, watching to make sure I didnt warp anything. Also my stock rearend has 1in offset pinion, and qp says they build theres with 1/2in offset. Im waiting to recieve rearend before I locate engine. Probably being kind of picky but I want it all to run true.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
If you go aftermarket, get something that has some sort of spherical bearing or "rotojoint". Running all poly tends to bind up the rear suspension.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!