Just some pics of my LQ9 motor...finally done and painted!!

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Here are some pics I took of my LQ9 LS motor...soon to get put in, I hope. Not too much time to work in the garage nowadays, though :( .....enjoy!
023.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Re: Just some pics of my LQ9 motor...finally done and painte

I would've loved to have a perfectly matched color to the green that was used on my car, but this is the closest I've seen, so I went with it. Kinda does look like a John Deere green! :lol: I figured my Bu is silver and green two-tone, so it'd be cool to have the motor look the same, even though it might not match perfectly. I do have a thin orange stripe seperating the silver and green on the car and I was wondering if I should incorporate an orange stripe on the engine somewhere? Maybe one of the raised ridges in the valve covers???

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com

Some orange pinstriping on the covers would probably look good if you were going for a color-themed engine, I'm more partial to gray/black with just a few accents, not necessarily car color-related.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky

dare to be different....nice motor...

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI

Thanks, Roller406bu. I didn't think a green engine would be so weird. Ah, it should look good in the engine compartment. Thing of it is, you can barely see any of the engine when the headers and accessories are on it anyway. Not like the old small blocks!

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012

malicad said:
Thanks, Roller406bu. I didn't think a green engine would be so weird. Ah, it should look good in the engine compartment. Thing of it is, you can barely see any of the engine when the headers and accessories are on it anyway. Not like the old small blocks!
THATS WHAT I SAID AFTER I PAINTED MINES...BUT IT MAKES ME/US HAPPY. BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEBODY LOOKING WHERE YOU DONT EXPECT THEM TOO. I WISH I HAD TOOK MORE TIME ON PAINTING IT.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!