Just where do i start with this suspension set up?

595x

Weekend Racer
Dec 5, 2011
Homosassa FL
I have a 1883 Malibu wagon, it's got a ford 9" under it on M/T Drag radials with no adjustable bars, stock springs & stock shocks, front has stock springs & stock shocks as well, car has no roll bar & has no front or rear sway bars, motor is a 383 with a glide with a PTC 10" 3800 stall. Plan on doing a little 1/8th mile bracket Racing in 2012 with it & don't know where to start & what to do to get the most out of what i got, consistent 60's is what i'm after here!

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer to me with this, got to start somewhere just don't want to throw money out the window chasing it & thats why i'm calling on you Malibu Racing.com members! [-o<

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
I would start with a rear sway bar. That will help keep everyting straight and level, but really other than that you need to go race it and see what it does...I mean you could go to one of the vendors and just order everything they have but that would be expensive and you might not need all of it..

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
I have a 79 two door and started out installing an 8.5" GN rear with 4.30 gears and positraction . Then installed urethane bushed link bars top and bottom along with Moroso drag springs in the rear. The next thing I did was install drag shocks front and back. With a tired and original 305 with a TH350 which was more tired than the engine, it ran a best of 15.53 with all kinds of shift problems. This was a base line that I wanted to do to find out what a stock engined Malibu could do, if it had to. It now has a built 350 and a very stout TH350 for next season.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
1980PontiacWagon said:
I would start with a rear sway bar. That will help keep everyting straight and level, but really other than that you need to go race it and see what it does...I mean you could go to one of the vendors and just order everything they have but that would be expensive and you might not need all of it..

this is the best advice....go out and run it, and go from there.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts