Knock knock knocking on my floor

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
So I just got the exhaust fixed up on my car and got to drive it some tonight. Now that all the noise from my old system is gone (it was hitting the floor) I can hear a knocking noise on accel only that seems to be from my M-21. :evil: Shifts perfect, no other issues. When I ripped the teeth off my ring gear in my rearend (7.5") it sounded similar. I have a GN rear almost ready to go in, But this new noise has me worried. Doesnt sound like it's from the rear, It's DEFINITELY not the from engine. Any idea's on what may cause it? I cant think of anything inside the trans that would make that type of noise. I'm too disgusted right now to go out and investigate. TIA

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Well, put it on my friends lift and found the noise right away. Stripped two teeth off the ring gear.....again :shock: That makes 4 rears in this car. Guess it time to throw the GN 8.5 in with my new Tru-Trac posi :D

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
StreetBu said:
Well, put it on my friends lift and found the noise right away. Stripped two teeth off the ring gear.....again :shock: That makes 4 rears in this car. Guess it time to throw the GN 8.5 in with my new Tru-Trac posi :D

Slow learner, huh? Just kidding. I'd say it's time for something else besides another 7.5. Your GN 8.5 should do the trick.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Here's abad cell phone pic of the damage. WhenI do something I do it right!

ringgear.jpg

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
You pay for shipping and it's yours.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!