L92 (LS3) best swap kit for 78 malibu

hoodfellas

Daily Driver
Jan 18, 2011
i recently bought an L92 complete motor which im going with the carb set up, but wondering about the usual questions of which oil pan fits mount adapters and headers. Any help would be appreciated.
For oil pan im looking at the holley retro fit anyone used it before. for mounts and headers i think the BRP look like they would fit without issues what you guys think.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
The BRP headers and mounts fit good. The BRP crossmember fits like dog crap so you'll want an Iceman or G-Force. Also the Holley pan fits really nicely with the BRP mounts, it sits .5-1" above the crossmember.

Hope you're not on a tight budget though, that's over $1500 in just swap parts.

hoodfellas

Daily Driver
Jan 18, 2011
So your saying the Holley oil pan BRP motor mount adapters and headers and i think gforce crossmember right.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Give them a call or email. I bought the kit but emailed them asking to take the trans crossmember back because I didn't like it. Other people have had the same problem.

If you are trying to save weight and want a tubular crossmember, you can get an Iceman. If you just are looking for a crossmember for a street car, you can get the G-force as it's bulkier and may help out with frame bracing.

BoostedbuLQ9

Amateur Racer
Dec 16, 2008
Ocean County, NJ
Best Deal for Pan is right from GM

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/LS-Series-Muscle-Car-Oil-Pan-Kit-19212593-P2410C0.aspx

$ 138.00 You get Pan, Gasket, Bolts, Dipstick. Everything you Need.

BostedbuLq9

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
That is the LH8 pan, If your car sits like a 4WD, donk, or a gasser, you're fine-everyone else is going to have clearance issues.

hoodfellas

Daily Driver
Jan 18, 2011
Mine is not going to be sitting high like a dunk. So i rather get one thats going to fit perfect with nothing hanginv under the support.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
Yes, and it's tapered to the front in the sump area. Remember, the LS pan rail hangs below the main caps, now add 7 1/2 inches to that rail, and you've got a sump hanging way below the crossmember. That's a bad buzz in my book.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!