Landau?

big-angry-hillbilly

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2009
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Ok, this might be a stupid question, but here goes:

Can i use "regular" (NON LANDAU) windows for the rear and delete the wide chrome strip that goes between the driver's window and rear window?

Looking into a landau car, and like the look of the regular rear windows better.

Hope this isn't a stupid question.

EDIT: Hey Look! There's a guy 5 posts down from me asking the same question! LOL

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
theres a post of someones rehab where they did that i will have to dig around to find it i am looking into it also so far its a yes but always changes when your in the middle of it i looked at my landeau my interior is out and it looks like it will work

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
MalibuMan1979 said:
ok, doob. tell me you just drill out the spot welds and separate the metal over lap on the outside. replace the glass and interior/outside trim. tell me that it is that easy. please....
Yes sir

MalibuMan1979

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2008
flint, (lapeer), michigan
my plan was to remove the EXPENSIVE chrome landau exterior trim. weld in a patch panel. smooth and paint it black and then tint the glass. i like the chrome, brushed aluminum of the coupe style better..... keep us informed....
thanks.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
79izfine said:
i believe the only thing on the interior that is different is the L-shape pieces i think the sail might be the same i am investigating that in the next couple days

Sails are cut short on landau. There's a gap there if used on regular coupe. Sorry

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts